Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1⁄4 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3-4 Breasts)
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup black beans (no salt added) drained & rinsed
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups organic, low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- organic corn tortillas
- olive oil cooking spray
- Himalayan salt
- Optional toppings – avocado cheese, lime, Greek yogurt, cilantro
- Toss all the ingredients for the soup into your Instant Pot and give it a stir.
- Turn onto to manual setting for 15 minutes. It will take about 10-15 minutes to come to pressure. When the timer is up, carefully switch to quick release (I put a kitchen towel over the top to be safe). Once the the steam stops, carefully open the lid and shred the chicken with two forks.
- To make homemade tortilla strips:
- Preheat your oven to 350 and cut the corn tortillas into strips. Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with Himalayan salt. Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy with toppings!